Mobile Apps: Battery Life Native vs LiveCode

Roderick McCALL roderick.mccall at uni.lu
Mon Apr 30 04:34:57 EDT 2012

Dear LiveCoders,

We are currently looking into using LiveCode for a variety of location-aware programs that we want to test on Android and IOS. One key issue is battery life with many viewing any cross-platform tools as having a negative impact. Therefore does anyone have a view or objective measures for this across a range of mobile tasks or have experience of these issues from their existing projects?

We will most likely continue to use LiveCode for internal rapid prototyping however for large scale deployment battery life is clearly an issue.

Kind regards,

rod

Dr Rod McCall
Interdisciplinary Centre for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT)
The University of Luxembourg
www.securityandtrust.lu<http://www.securityandtrust.lu>
Twitter: rodlux blog: www.rodmc.com<http://www.rodmc.com>