Installing new software

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sun Apr 29 13:57:47 EDT 2012

Got everything working nicely with my handler to check for a more recent
version of my program.  The final step after downloading is to copy the new
version of the program to wherever it needs to go on the user's computer
but I can't do that because the program is running (this is on OS X but I
assume it would be the same on other OS's).

I'm guessing the way to do this is instruct the user to quit the program
,have a handler that fires when the program closes that knows a new version
is ready to install and launches an Applescript (on OS X) to do the copy
and start the program again.  Am I on the right track?

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>