Checking for an internet connectio

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sat Apr 28 15:12:12 EDT 2012

Just put together a procedure for checking for software updates from my
SQLiteAdmin program.  All works great but I'm wondering the best way to
check if there is an internet connection.  I tried this out by
disconnecting my computer from my wireless router and I got an"invalid host
address" message from libURLErrorData as soon as I called
libURLDownloadToFile.

I can easily check for that of course but it sounds like that message could
come back in other circumstances so wondering if there's some other way to
check for an internet connection before attempting a download.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>