[OT] Instructional Video

Tim Jones tolistim at me.com
Fri Apr 27 14:44:05 EDT 2012

On Apr 27, 2012, at 11:26 AM, Richmond wrote:

> On 04/27/2012 08:57 PM, Tim Jones wrote:
>
>> I use Snapz Pro X on my existing system with a Blue Yeti mic.  Of course, I edit in Final Cut Pro, but that's just to add splash.  No cables, one machine, everything just works
>
> I wonder how many computer people will actually have "everything just works" on their tombstones; every time I see that I get
> a really bad case of the creeps.

Well, I've been doing it this way for around 5 years and it has "just worked", so I don't expect that it will appear on my tombstone...

>>  (and I can choose to only record a portion of the screen).
>
> You probably do; but I have NO money and piles of old hardware . . .  :)

And in exchange, for those who don't have your piles of old hardware, a $69 solution that runs on the hardware that we do have is a bargain.

> I also prefer to leave the PC running Xubuntu to just get on with video capture while I get on with what I want to
> end up on the video over on the iMac.

But, with Snapz Pro X running, you're doing the same thing - one button click and SPX gets out of the way, capturing everything on your system - including the system audio and the mic track.

> I then record my sound using a Logitech USB mike.

I used to use one of these, but got the Yeti for my WebEx sessions.

>> 	http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/snapzprox/
>
> $69 !!!

But, if I have to buy all of the hardware that you mention (which I don't have), even used prices add up to far more than $69 :-).

Tim