Casey is now in the App Store

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Apr 25 20:20:39 EDT 2012

On 4/25/12 6:45 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:
> See, Apple wasn't quite as bad as you were expecting :-)

Yeah. You hear so much here: problems with software setup, problems with
provisioning, problems with rejection, problems with Apple's picky
rules. It's pretty intimidating. It was difficult, or maybe it was just
scary, but I have a client with aspirations and I needed to know how it
worked. I think after you've done it once, the worst is over.

Andre: I don't know how the App Store sales will go, but since I went
into this knowing I wouldn't retire on the income, I don't mind saying
how the Android sales are doing. I sold 10 copies of Casey at the Google
Play Store immediately after I posted the announcement. A week or two
later I sold one more. And that's that. It hasn't budged since. On
Amazon I sold a handful right at first, and then it's been maybe one or
two a week or so. Amazon says I've sold 30 so far.

Google gives you nice statistics: totals, several kinds of graphs, what
types of devices are running the app, how many copies were installed in
total and how many are still active, how that compares with other apps,
and lots of other stuff. You can download a spreadsheet if you want.
Amazon reporting is terrible. You can get a little line graph of sales
over time and the total number of sales and that's about it. Google
gives you payout dates and cash totals, Amazon doesn't say a word about
that, and I have no idea when I will get paid. They sent me 8 dollars a
while ago though.

If you look at the percentages, Amazon is way ahead. If you look at my
totals, well, don't look at the totals. But I mostly did it to learn
how, and that was worth a lot. I knew going in that a solitaire game
wasn't going to be the next Angry Birds, even though both do involve
some kind of bird crap.

I might have made more sales if I'd called the game "Poopy Cards".

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com