[OT] ROR Difference between has one and belongs to one

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Apr 24 12:31:05 EDT 2012

Hi. For anyone who has experience using Ruby on Rails, I have a friend who is redesigning the corporate web site, and he wants to use ROR. He is stumped at their way of defining relationships. He says there is a Belongs To One relationship and a Has One relationship. It sounds to me like they are talking about a one to one relationship from different directions but why that would be useful I do not know. Anyone have any wisdom on the subject?

Bob