in-App Reviews

Andrew Henshaw henshaw at me.com
Tue Apr 24 05:38:33 EDT 2012

Thats pretty much what I use.

I can confirm it does not work in the simulator,  but works fine on the device.

As part of the other discussion as to how annoying it can be,  I wrote a routine that counts up how many times the app has been used and the box is never shown unless the user has been using it for more than 2 weeks,  and has started the app at least x times.  It then pops up and answer box and offers the choices to rate now,  remind later or never ask again.

This seems to work as only people who continue to use my apps ever get the reminder,  and generally they leave the best reviews.  Newbies just get to use the app.

Andy