Working with seconds, what am I missing?

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 04:07:56 EDT 2012

Andy,

As you've discovered seconds is based on GMT so it will cause differences
based on everyone's system settings, there are work arounds as suggested
but it may be easier just to:

put the date into tDate
convert tDate to dateItems
put tDate

The output will always be YYYY,MM,DD,HH,MM,SS,day of week, and if you
haven't included a time then, YYYY,MM,DD,0,0,0,day of week.

Regardless of the system setting, the GMT correction, or personal
preferences, you can always correctly determine the local date and time of
a users computer using dateItems.

HTH