Can't Get Server Engine to Work on My Mac

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 17:06:22 EDT 2012

If you are indeed using a system that has its conf files for apache in
/etc/apache2 I think there is a site file in a sub folder there where you
can adjust things for the main server page.  Also I just remembered there
are some modules involved here. Inside /etc/apache2 there is a folder that
has available modules and another with active modules that - like the sites
folders- if there is a symlink to an available module, that particular
module is active.  I don't have access to a mac at the moment, but if I get
my linux box fired up i'll see if I can recall which  module I turned on to
get things working. Also, if you want index.lc to work as a default (like
index.html) in one of the files you can set up the directory indexing which
just specifies which files to load and in what order of precedence if no
file is specified in the URL.  Hopefully will have my system running by
this eve, if so i'll post more info about all this.

Also, worst case scenario you might be able to use .htaccess files to get
things working.  Not sure what is required to do that though so someone
else would need to chime in.