Data persistence in iOS apps

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Thu Apr 19 13:14:27 EDT 2012

Colin, thanks

As I suspected: but when I put my data stack into the bundle via 'Copy Files' in the Standalone Settings, it doesn't go into Documents, does it? This copy is in effect just as read-only as the Splash stack. I guess I have to do something like:

- check if the data stack is in the documents folder (i.e. has it ever been saved?)

- if not, save it immediately, before any activity in the app.

Thereafter one can update it as appropriate (at quit, or every time it changes - not sure which is the best policy).

Graham