Interesting breach of iOS terms or something for LC users?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Apr 18 12:50:14 EDT 2012

You are correct, and I did get the connection. I used to watch that show. It was entertaining. As an aside, Myth Busters did a segment on whether or not it was possible to blow open a lock by taking the gunpowder from a few bullets, pouring it into the key hole, sticking a bullet casing (without the bullet) into the hole, and firing off the powder by striking the back of the bullet with the butt end of the gun.

It failed on virtually every front. First, he opened the bullets with his bare hands, a superhuman feat in and of itself. Next, there was not enough gunpowder in a few bullets to break the lock, even if you fired off the powder with a blasting cap. Next, no one could get a bullet to fire with just the butt end of a gun. They had to weld a firing pin to the end of the gun, then create a swing arm to hit exactly on the cap to get it to fire, and even then it didn't light off the powder in the keyhole.

Imagine my disappointment to see one of my favorite childhood heroes so thoroughly debunked! ;-)

Bob