OK... what am I missing?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Apr 17 00:16:42 EDT 2012

On 4/16/12 10:48 PM, Tereza Snyder wrote:

> but when the statement:
>
> set the dgData of grp "Modules" of me to gModinfoA
>
> is encountered, the 'setprop dgData' in the revdatgrid library IS NOT
> EXECUTED, and my next statement:
>
> dispatch "SortDataByKey" to grp "Modules" of me with "title",
> "international","ascending", false
>
> is UNHANDLED.
>
> Does anyone have any insight at all? I’ve exhausted myself over this.
> It used to work! It works in the IDE! I have a deadline!
>
> I need a clue. *sob*

It made me panic just to read your message. Maybe something is aborting
the script? I had that once where it never showed up in the IDE, only in
the app.

If you haven't done it yet, one quick way to find out is to set the
standalone settings in the Bug Reports pane to save errors to a file. If
there's an execution error it will show up there.

Or you can add this to your stack script:

on errorDialog pErr
   answer pErr
end errorDialog

Instead of "answer" you can have it log to a text file on the desktop,
or put the error into your logging stack.

That might give some info.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com