Script editor instability

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Apr 10 14:16:01 EDT 2012

Mark Talluto <userev at ...> writes:

> We are having a number of issues with stability in 5.5.  The problem is that
the script editor issues you are
> seeing are very sporadic.  I think the majority of issues arise if you save
with a command S often like I do.  I
> find that the IDE becomes locked down for a period of time before it returns.
 Everything you do to it gets
> queued up and runs through very fast once the IDE returns.  Once we have a
better recipe, I will bugzilla it.
> For now, I to am looking for others that may be seeing this problem.  For the
moment, our studio is moving all
> desktop work back to 5.02 and leaving 5.5 for mobile work only.

I had to hack around this in the glx2 environment - the problem seems to be that
something changed with respect to menubars. In glx2 I now grab the command- or
control-c,v,x keys and process them myself instead of letting the IDE take care
of things. The IDE's lockup period is very annoying - there seems to be a delay
between mouseDown and mouseUp events, so that a command-S will insert an "s"
into the text unless the key combo is held down long enough. Doesn't affect
Windows, but does on OSX and linux.

I've also found that compiling a script in the IDE's script editor changes the
focus away from the script editor window, so that following a compile with a
command-S doesn't save the stack, I have to click in the script field first.

--
 Mark Wieder