Zipping Up an LC standalone program

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Apr 10 11:39:48 EDT 2012

Pete,

This is a line from my Compression Tool software. It zips without the .DS_Store files. Item -1 of fld "File" is the name of a file or folder in the current defaultFolder.

put "zip -r" && quote & myZipFile & quote  && quote & item -1 of fld "File" & quote && " -x .* *.DS_Store *Icon*" into myShell

Installer Maker compresses all embedded files with the compress() function. Compressing the resulting installer again hardly saves any space. The compress() function is very efficient.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com