Windows tab buttons

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Apr 9 22:26:56 EDT 2012

On 4/9/12 8:28 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Jacque-
>
> Monday, April 9, 2012, 3:53:10 PM, you wrote:
>
>> Thanks Mark. When I set the backpattern of a Windows tab button, nothing
>> happens. I have toggled on and off the opaque with no effect (just in
>> case.) All I see is the default system background.
>
>> I'm mostly testing in WinXP, which is what my client uses, but I did
>> briefly try it in Win7; it didn't look any different. Does the version
>> of LiveCode matter? This project is still in 5.02.
>
> I tried this with 5.02 on XP just before posting to make sure I wasn't
> misremembering something. I set a background pattern for the card,
> then set a background pattern for the tab button. And set the blending
> level down to 10 so I could see the psychedelic effect when I moved
> the control around.
>
> When you say you toggled the opaque control, you mean with the message
> box, right? We're talking about the same control? Because there's no
> opaque control for tab buttons on the property editor.

Right, I set the opaque with the message box, just in case it mattered.
We're using the same OS and the same LiveCode version so I'm not sure
what's going on. The pattern shows up fine on my Mac. Maybe I'll just
send the stack to my client and ask him what he sees.

Thanks for the confirmation though, it helps a lot.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com