iOS Control Instantiation problem

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Apr 8 22:44:05 EDT 2012

> This has got to be my fault, but I can't see where the problem lies. It just must be something stupid and obvious, but what?
>
> Any help gratefully received.

I can't see anything wrong, Graham, but I can show you what is working for me:

local sScrollerID
on ShowScroller pViewRect,pContentHt
   -- pViewRect is the rect of the group that contains the scrolling list field I'm overlaying
   -- pContentHt is the total height of the content of the scrolling list field as if it didn't
   --    need to scroll
   if the platform is "iphone" then
      put "0,0," & (item 3 of pViewRect) & "," & pContentHt into tContentRect

      iphoneControlCreate "scroller"
      put the result into sScrollerID

      -- The 'rect' is the region of the card it should cover
      iphoneControlSet sScrollerId, "rect", pViewRect
      -- The 'contentRect' is the region the scroller scrolls over
      iphoneControlSet sScrollerId, "contentRect", tContentRect
      -- The 'visible' determines if the scroller is displayed
      iphoneControlSet sScrollerId, "visible", "true"
      -- The 'canBounce' determines whether the standard iOS 'bouncing' occurs
      -- at extremities of scrolling
      iphoneControlSet sScrollerId, "canBounce", "false"
      -- The 'pagingEnabled' determines whether scrolling only happens in multiples
      -- of the width/height
      iphoneControlSet sScrollerId, "pagingEnabled", "false"
      -- The 'canScrollToTop' determines whether touching the status bar scrolls
      -- the scroller to the top
      iphoneControlSet sScrollerId, "canScrollToTop", "false"
      iphoneControlSet sScrollerId, "hIndicator", "false"

   end if
end ShowScroller

on HideScroller
   if (the platform is "iphone") and (sScrollerID <> "") then
      iphoneControlDelete sScrollerID
   end if
end HideScroller

Hope this helps you track down the problem,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/