A problem with Font Menu in LC Resource Center

Charles Szasz cszasz at mac.com
Fri Apr 6 07:09:51 EDT 2012

For the first time I ventured into creating a Font Menu button for a project I am working on. I wanted the Font Menu button to on a card close to a text field where the user could change the font attributes including font, size, style of the field.  I remembered the example in the Resource Center. So I went to the Resource Center (using Rev 4.0) and try to download the script.  I thought it would be on the clipboard and tried to paste it.  The download button does not work. I was able to select the script and copy and paste it into a sample stack.

 I made a sample stack with a font button and a text field. I entered the script for the font button with the exception of color, which I do not need. I doubled checked the script comparing it to what was listed in Resource Center. I got errors in the script editor for items Plain, Bold and Italic.  I noticed that there were no Breaks listed for these items. I added the Breaks in the Switch script for Plain, Bold and Italic.  Now I do not get any errors in the editor but I do not see any menu items for Font Menu except for the item names.

I also entered the script manually line by line to see if there might be some problems with just pasting it. I go the same results - the script did not work.  What is the problem? Is this a problem with the Resource Center script?

Charles Szasz
cszasz at mac.com