[OT] HyperNext Android Creator

Tim Jones tolistim at me.com
Wed Apr 4 14:43:15 EDT 2012

On Apr 4, 2012, at 11:21 AM, Richmond wrote:

> On 04/04/2012 08:55 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> Richmond wrote:
>>
>>> I've never quite made my mind up about HyperNext, and really wonder
>>> whether it is worth the investment of learning a new programming
>>> language. Still, it is FREE:
>>>
>>> http://tigabyte.com/
>>
>> Curious, given that it seems to be made with RealBASIC and the RB EULA includes:
>>
>>   You agree not to create an application that, as its primary
>>   purpose, provides your application's end user with access
>>   to RBScript and/or the ability to directly (or indirectly
>>   through a simple wrapper) call functions in the Realbasic
>>   framework. Such software creation is strictly prohibited
>>   and would therefore be a violation of this End User License
>>   Agreement.
>>
>> ...and the Tigbyte site says:
>>
>>   HyperNext is further enhanced by its ability to compile and
>>   run REALbasic scripts during runtime. RBscript is a fast
>>   high-level object orientated language that is ideal for
>>   tasks requiring extra power such as number crunching, heavy
>>   text processing and graphics.
>>

> Might not be a bad idea to point that out to the Tigabyte chap directly.

It looks like they are using an older version of Real Studio that came before that EULA change to create HyperNext.  That's the unfortunate thing about license agreements - while you can create a new agreement that applies to new versions of you product, you can't make that new agreement retroactive to old versions of your product.

I surmise this because they're still building for PPC and pre-OS X platforms.

Tim