[OT] Justified boast?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Apr 4 13:27:29 EDT 2012

My understanding (typically flawed):

Implicit Inheritance, as in creating an object or instance that is a child of another object, and changes to the parent or children affect the children and instances of the children. LC does no such thing.

Not sure what polymorphism is, and I don't want to read up on it.

I am not sure what OO objects there can be that are not GUI objects, unless something like a property or a database can be an object.

I do see a difference between LC and an Object Oriented environment, as I looked at, but didn't touch Visual Foxpro some years back. I got how it can be very powerful once you set up your objects and inheritances, but there is a lot of groundwork with OO dev that has to be done, and a great deal of planning beforehand if you want to do anything complex. Not so much with LC.

Bob