OT: mails bouncing back?

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Mon Apr 2 14:02:23 EDT 2012

I got caught in this web a couple of years back (I think it was with
GoDaddy).  Here's the problem I have with the blacklist sites.  Their
blanket blackballing of servers means that the 99% of users who are using
it for genuine, non-spam emails get dumped on for the sins of the 1%.
 Personally, I sgtrongly object to having my genuine emails blocked in this
fashion.  It's illegal to tamper with the US Mail and it should be illegal
to block the delivery of genuine email as well.

End of rant!

Pete

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 10:29 AM, Tim Jones <tolistim at me.com> wrote:

> It appears that OnRev uses GoDaddy services as the "secureserver.net"
> servers belong to them.  Because of GoDaddy's "easy" online setup, spammers
> / scammers are able to pop in, perform a hit-and-run with their mail
> broadcast, and the security team doesn't catch it and disable the account
> into it's already a problem.
>
> It sounds to me like RunRev should examine alternate mail service
> providers for the OnRev solution since secureserver.net is very deeply
> entrenched in the blacklists.
>
> Tim
> .
> On Apr 2, 2012, at 8:31 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:
>
> > Klaus-
> >
> > Monday, April 2, 2012, 8:22:44 AM, you wrote:
> >
> >> My web and email hoster is RunRev (on-rev).
> >
> >> So my hoster has a bad reputation?
> >> If yes, how come? What can I do?
> >
> >> Can anyone tell me who is to blame here, I plea not guilty!? :-D
> >
> > I no longer use the on-rev smtp server because of this problem. Use
> > your local isp's smtp server instead.
> >
> > --
> > -Mark Wieder
> > mwieder at ahsoftware.net