Button oddities -- LC 5.5 related? (Not a serious problem)

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Apr 2 14:02:36 EDT 2012

If a button could point to a file instead of an embedded image, the issues with ID's would disappear altogether. Instead of having an image AND the button, and then hiding the image, you would only have the button. Yes you can create an image and point it to a file on the hard drive, but it amounts to the same thing as importing the image and then setting it's file reference to the original file. 2 different paths, same destination. A button's icon still has to be set to that image object's ID, so it's six one way, half a dozen the other. One leg is both the same, you see? ;-)

Bob