Peripheral support

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 14:50:54 EDT 2012

In the light of the chap having a problem with a Bluetooth keyboard and
an iPhone
there is a need for Runtime Revolution to state what peripherals are
supported by
Livecode on which devices and with which operating systems.

What is unclear (to me at least) is: whether peripherals that are
recognised by operating systems are
always recognised by Livecode.

What I have just been doing, by way of entertainment, is seeing what
sort of keyDowns I get from
a Nostromo Speedpad 52n and a Nostromo Speed 50n padconnected to my
Linux box.

I have a stack containing 2 fields "fROAR" and "fCOOKED" respectively,

and the cardScript looks like this:

on rawKeyDown RAWK
    put RAWK into fld "fROAR"
end rawKeyDown

on keyUp QUAY
    put QUAY into fld "fCOOKED"
end keyUp

[ you can download it here:
http://andregarzia.on-rev.com/richmond/BOX/KEYER.zip ]

and found that while the 52n sends keyDowns (with no preinstalled software),
the 50n doesn't and is useless.

However, as I don't own many up-to-date computers, handhelds, pads, and
all sorts
of other peripherals, I am not likely to sit down and mess around with
every imaginable
combination of these things.