Scrollbar/slider attributes

Ronald Zellner zellner at tamu.edu
Fri Sep 30 18:28:22 EDT 2011

> Message: 6
> Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 20:41:47 +0300
> From: Richmond Mathewson <richmondmathewson at gmail.com>
> To: How to use LiveCode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>
> Subject: Re: Scrollbar/slider attributes
>
> Better go for a mouseDown rather than a mouseUp, as the punter (whoops,
> "end-user")
> might slide their pointer off the control when they change their mind.
>
> I just mocked up a stack containing a slider and a fld "fTOUCH" and put
> this into
> the script of the slider:
>
> on mouseDown
>    "put "Touched Me!" into fld "fTOUCH"
> end mouseDown
>
> rocket-science it ain't . . .  :)

Yes, I know how to record the mouse downs, etc, in variables or fields, but I was hoping to be able to make a visible change in the slider to alert the user to those that had been responded to and those that had not.

In the past I have had checkmarks appear next to the slider to indicate that it was used, but I was wondering if something could be incorporated into the slider itself (e.g. color)