Realbasic on the web without plugins

Pierre Sahores sc at sahores-conseil.com
Thu Sep 22 12:14:59 EDT 2011

Hello Richard,

Le 22 sept. 2011 à 16:39, Richard Gaskin a écrit :

> Attempting full translation of LiveCode to JavaScript would not be impossible, but very expensive.  IMO, when you consider the limitations inherent in such a task, it's probably much more expensive than just learning JavaScript.

To stay full compliant with the best client-side JS libs (JQuey, MooTools, Prototype, Sliderman, etc...), i expect that a direct map from the LC client-side code to javascript would not be the most economical way to go. I would prefer instead to have (1) the LC client-side code mapped to the LC server-side code and (2) the LC server-side code mapped to HTML template's blocks (stored on the server's file system to stay updatable on demand) where (3) only those  HTML template's blocks would have to be linked to JS/Ajax libs. This design purpose is the way widestep.fr is build on.

Hope that my sad english is, at least, readable on the main idea ;-)

Best regards,
--
Pierre Sahores
mobile : 06 03 95 77 70