Comma-Delimited Files on Macs

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Sep 19 12:08:41 EDT 2011

Without reading further posts, I am going to say backwards compatibility. Comma delimiting is older than tab delimiting, which if my vague memory serves me came along with the Mac OS at some point. I think the reasoning was that it was much more likely that raw text would contain commas and not tabs, so a new way was invented that allowed for commas in raw text. Of course, now we know we have only one offed the problem.

Bob