Copying from MS word into RunRev 4.0

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Sep 2 11:39:01 EDT 2011

Jonathan Lynch wrote:
> Does anyone know if the recent versions of Live Code allow for pasting from
> an MS Word document without omitting characters? I know it worked fine back
> with RunRev 2.5, so I know it is possible for it to be done.

Odd.

I've also discovered a complimenting issue, which may be related:

When copying Unicode data from LiveCode fields, pasting into Word
renders the text very badly, as though the encoding type is either
incorrect or absent in the Clipboard.

Anyone know a reliable way to copy Unicode text from a LiveCode field to
paste into Word?

Is this an engine bug, or a Richard bug?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World