[OT] images: best transparent format

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 12:54:06 EDT 2011

On 10/30/2011 05:32 PM, Roger Eller wrote:
> Try Sumo Paint On-line. Transparency is supported, and it can save as PNG.
> It's like having Photoshop Lite inside your browser.
>
> http://www.sumopaint.com/app/

The emphasis being on "Lite" (which is, itself a bad sign, as somebody
has economised on letters and
spelt a 'Lite' version of 'Light'; which, to a certain school of thought
means ONLY bad spelling).

One of the snags of Sumo Paint (compared with GIMP) is that one cannot
save images to one's computer
with layers and so forth preserved, that can, later, be edited in other
graphic programs.

To me, at least, Sumo Paint, seems to contain a small subset of the
capabilities of GIMP + it will not
work unless one has an internet connexion.