Empty fields and controls after testing

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Wed Oct 26 12:19:44 EDT 2011

Yes, you will need to write your own initialization routine. I do this anyway in all my forms because I read data into the fields, and then validate before writing them back to my storage. I always want to make sure I do not have any random data from a previous edit session making it's way into my database. Usually I have a populate handler that when passed empty for the arguement instead of a string or array, it puts empty into all my fields. Then I just call the populate handler when I open the form, typically in preOpenCard.

Bob