When has a field changed?

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Tue Oct 25 20:03:28 EDT 2011

James,
The button click/closeField problem happens because, on OS X anyway, the
filed doesn;t lose focus when you click on the button (you'll see the cursor
is still in it).  Put "focus on nothing" at the top of your button's
mouseDown handler.  That removes focus from the field thus causing the
closeField event to happen if the content changed, or exitField if nothing
changed.

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread but you don't get a
closeField if you change a field's contents by script, which may or may not
be a problem depending on your application.  The workaround is to send
closeField to the field in your script.

Hope that helps,

Pete