Making Sense of Licenses

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Oct 20 13:01:52 EDT 2011

Hi Pete,

You never know what future brings, but I believe you'd pay for a new license instead of a renewal. If you wait yet another year, you'd still pay the same price for 7.0, which means you get all 6.0 features for free, just like any new customer.

In my case, I'd pay for 5.0 after having waited a long time and in the long term I'm not paying more than otherwise but I won't get anything for free either, because the previous big update was the 4.6 cycle, which I didn't buy, and I'd just have to pay a little more for 5.0 (I hope you can follow what I'm saying).

However, I'm not going to buy the full package. I'm only going to pay for the components I really need and next year I will only update those components that I really need. This way, I expect to pay roughly 250 or 300 euro per year instead of 500 for the subscription deal.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com