Making Sense of Licenses

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Oct 20 07:17:45 EDT 2011

Hi Mike,

Basically, you are saying you feel you must buy 5.0 because it is better than 4.6. I am sure that 5.0 contains many bugs and lacks many features, just like 4.6. The difference is that a few bugs were fixed and a few features added, while a few more features, of which you didn't previously know you needed them, were also added in 5.0. Meanwhile, new bugs were created and more features are still waiting to be added.

I'm sure, you will have exactly the same feeling when 6.0 comes out. It is OK to wait a year and see what happens. Don't assume that you need 5.0. Maybe you don't. Pay RunRev only when you think they deserve it. If you find yourself in a situation where you can build a standalone but not for that one particular platform, perhaps you could ask someone to help you.

If you upgraded to Complete a few months ago... shouldn't you be receiving updates for one year without having to pay again? If not, then I'm so happy I didn't upgrade to Complete because I don't understand what Complete is all about!

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com