[OT] Onanistic Ocelot?

David C. davidocoker at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 09:48:03 EDT 2011

> Richmond, the answer is Debian.  You cannot do a proper quality job releasing
> new versions as often as they do.  The only way to go is rolling release.
>
> Peter

Peter,
Doesn't the "rolling release" scenario introduce a situation where the
system might at any time become unreliable or unstable?

As in:
One day you have a highly functional, perfectly stable work station
and the new "rolling release" comes along and introduces new bug(s),
rendering the system (or possibly a key application) unusable?

I've personally never had a lot of luck with the few times I've tried
Debian based distro's (especially when it comes to using a wireless
connection), but Linux Mint (my favorite) now has a Debian edition
that I wouldn't mind trying out.

What has been your experience with the rolling releases been like?

Best regards,
David C.