So RunRev wants more of my money- what has been fixed?

AndyP smudge.andy at googlemail.com
Wed Oct 12 16:15:02 EDT 2011

It's interesting reading through this thead that (mostly) Linux coders want
more, IOS and Android coders want more and Windows and Mac coders want more.

So what's happening here?

Are we naturally greedy? - No I don't think so...well maybe a little.

Are our expectations too high? - Prehaps... but why?

I think LiveCode is such a great and productive product that it's easy to
get carried away with it's capabilities. By this I mean that as it's pretty
easy and quick to turn ones ideas into code and then into a workable
product, but when one hits a perceived /brick wall/ it's also very easy to
blame LiveCode for not delivering the goods!

Re reading my previous post, this is what I think I'm guilty of.
What new or improved features do I need (want?) ? ..Not many as it happens.

A better more intuitive datagrid where I can drag the object onto a card (as
now) and bind this to a datasource via the property inspector for the
datagrid and then set up and configure the properties for the datagrid also
via the property inspector rather than in code. Now I know a lot of people
love the datagrid just as it is and have done gret things with it, but I
have allways found it cumbersome compared to other datagrids in other
products.

A tab panel where one can place the tab control, select a tab and then just
drop controls, then move to the next tab and drop controls, each change of
tab displays the controls previously dropped instad of having to use groups
and cards to haold the controls for each tab. Practically..no all other
development tools I have used take this obviuos and simple approach, why not
LiveCode?

Now I'm sure there will be a fair amount of flak for my wants but it's a
personal view and is not meant or intended to offend.. it's just what I
would like to see changed.

-----
Andy Piddock

PointandSee is a FREE simple but full featured under cursor colour picker / finder.
http://www.pointandsee.co.uk - made with LiveCode (v1.4.1 released 26/08/2011)