So RunRev wants more of my money- what has been fixed?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 14:11:36 EDT 2011

On 10/12/2011 08:29 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
> <snip> much.
>
> Linux development at RunRev is a limited priority for them, and while
> I may prefer it otherwise at least the reasons are understandable.

<snip>

I am well aware of that, and I understand the reasons why; and,
currently (and the important word is 'currently') I have no real quarrel
with that (especially as my complex work is for Mac and Windows; and for
my Linux work I am STILL using RR 2.2.1).

I, for all my curmudgeonly remarks (and, Hey, I love envisaging myself
as an awkward old
so-and-so who likes to stir the sh*t from time to time) I am besotted
with RunRev/Livecode;
one of those co-dependency, abusive relationships, I suppose.

The only reason I bang on about Linux is that its market share is
increasing (mainly at the expense of Mac; almost to the extent where I
can imagine Apple giving up computers qua computers and only developing
tablets and smart-phones in the future) and may yet
surprise us all by becoming considerably more main-stream.

The only SERIOUS problem I have with Linux right now is that text
entered by the
set the unicodeText of fld "XXX" to (numToCharZZZZZ)
method renders the text (although it is input into the field) invisible.
How much of that is:

1. RunRev

2. Linux

3. Richmond being goofy

I have yet to determine . . .  :)

My current "beef" (sorry about that word to those on the RunRev list who
eschew cow meat)
with RunRev is with somebody's appalling English grammar and logic; if
you haven't worked that out by now.

While some of "you lot" on the Use-List have found this risible (pace
"The Life of Brian"),
"underwent" was unbelievably crass, and does not redound favourably in
any way whatsoever.

LOve and abuse, Richmond.