Another examples of the screen refresh problem on the Mac?

James Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 12 09:10:04 EDT 2011

Thank you for this Bernd. It is going to take me a while to digest these new graphic features in 5.0. I confess I am unaware of the interaction between RR code and the display on the screen. That's probably important. :-)

Like you, I don't see much improvement of 5.0 over 4.6 in animation.  The effect of lowering the syncRate, not so much the rate as the time between syncs (?), is significant, but then that was something available to us in 4.6--except that I didn't know it. The nomenclature suggests that it is the frequency, when it appears to be the period. And, as we all learned in physics, one is the reciprocal of the other.

I would like to see a little help from RR on these new features--by way of a demonstration stack perhaps.

Jim Hurley