UIWebView control flash

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Oct 9 23:51:33 EDT 2011

On 10/9/11 9:09 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:
> I don't know if you ever found a solution to this, but one suggestion I was
> thinking of was to have a black card with the browser scaled to 1x1 pixel,
> like the black screen that will sometimes precede a video (or even white, if
> that makes more sense).  Then you could scale the browser to card size and
> be off.  Just a "smoke and mirrors" thought.

Thanks Scott, I think that would work. It's close to what I'm doing now,
which is hiding all the card objects so that the card's background
texture is all that shows. When the card opens, you see only a texture
for an instant, then the browser appears.

I was hoping to populate the browser before the card opens but I don't
think that's possible. The flash is brief though. It would just be nicer
if it weren't there at all.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com