[UBUNTU] running LiveCode on 11.x

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Oct 7 20:59:29 EDT 2011

Andre-

I've had that problem with Fedora Core all along. The installer is
supposed to elevate its privileges to give the right permissions, but
it doesn't. So I change the permission bit on the installer to allow
execution, install from a terminal prompt as root for all users
*without launching the IDE after installation*:

su -
cd /home/<user>/Downloads
./LiveCodeInstaller-4_6_4_gm_1-Linux.x86
exit

Now I'm back to my local account and I run the IDE which was installed
to /opt, it boots with my license info in hand, and I'm off and
running.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net