MultiThreading Question

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Wed Oct 5 18:44:16 EDT 2011

On 05/10/2011 22:19, Kee Nethery wrote:

> On Oct 5, 2011, at 10:31 AM, Warren Kuhl wrote:
>
>> I understand that LiveCode doesn't have the capability for true
>> multi-threading.  What I require is to post to multiple forms
>> (multiple websites) and capture the results of each post.  I assume
>> this is not possible with LiveCode?
>
> I think you want the "load" command.

As Kee hints, perhaps a little obscurely: although LiveCode doesn't have the
capability for true multithreading in general, network operations don't
necessarily block (in fact even when using the supposedly blocking forms I
find that it sometimes behaves in undesirably multithreaded ways).

So in this particular instance you should indeed be able to perform multiple
HTTP post operations and process them 'simultaneously'; but you may have to
exercise some care to manage and separate the 'threads'.

Ben