Quit keyboard for Windows

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sat Oct 1 15:10:26 EDT 2011

On Oct 1, 2011, at 12:07 PM, Charles Szasz wrote:

> In the Menu Builder, I have always set Quit for the Mac with the Mnemonic checked and set to Q alone with the Shortcut set to Command.  I frequently use a Quit button in my apps which the user could quit an app.
>
> I just noticed a few days ago that this keyboard combination of Command + Q works on the Mac, which I develop on it, but does not work on Windows. Do I also need to set the Shortcut for Windows to Control as a shortcut?

Actually, most Windows apps use File->Exit to quit, which is "automated" by "Alt-F" (to drop the File menu), then "X" - so the "Quit" menu item would show "Exit" on Window, with "x" as the mnemonic. You'd have to switch that yourself during preOpenCard or preOpenStack.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/