On-Rev mySQL security issues?

James Little littlejamesw at mac.com
Sat Nov 26 12:34:51 EST 2011

Hi Tim,

Take this advice with a grain of salt, since I'm a relative newbie at On-Rev and access to databases.

Recently, I've been exploring RevIgniter by Ralf Bitter.  In the RevIgniter documentation, he has a tutorial on using the RevIgniter JQuery Library for Ajax interaction on a website.  He also has good documentation on the RevIgniter Database Library.  With this guidance, I've been able to include several auto-updating text boxes on a webpage that load information to my webpage from a mySQL table on my On-Rev account.  Ralf Bitter does address security issues in the documentation.   I am still struggling with using drop-down buttons to access database data.  Also, I've not tried to upload pictures, which you may need for a catalog.

This approach does involve a learning curve to be able to use RevIgniter but the documentation is very good.

I am using Coda with a LiveCoda-HTML mode posted 12Oct2011 on the Users Forums by TheCore.  In the preferences for Coda, I then use TextMate as the primary editor for .lc and .rev files;  Ralf Bitter has a TextMate bundle for RevIgniter on the website.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jim Little
Seattle, WA