CLI support in LC (was [OT?] ADOBE DROPS FLASH for HTML5)

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Nov 12 11:59:27 EST 2011

Richard-

Saturday, November 12, 2011, 6:46:18 AM, you wrote:

> IIRC, -f was to prevent file access, yes?

I'm probably misremembering the exact details - it's been a while now.
It may even have just been redirection

revolution < scriptFile

> Is there a way that using secureMode might work for what you need?

No, what we need there is a way to invoke the engine with a file
argument. Something that says "load and run the following script".
As a trivial example, a three-line script file "lastyear"

put the files into tFiles
filter tFiles with "*2010"
put tFiles

would give me all the files in the current directory that were created
last year. And as a worst case example it could be invoked with

> LiveCode -f lastyear

even better if I specified a file mapping so that .rev files were
launched by the LC engine so that I could just say

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net