Mac video conversion from command line?

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Fri Nov 11 13:46:06 EST 2011

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Phil Davis wrote:

> Hey People,
>
> Do you use a command line tool of some sort on your Mac to convert .mov
> files to web formats? I sure would like to hear about it.
>
> Thanks for your input! My goal is to create a LC front end to manage the
> commandline-driven coversion process.
> --
> Phil Davis
>
> PDS Labs
> Professional Software Development
> http://pdslabs.net

I have used FFMPEG on all three desktop platforms supported by LC.  In
fact, many UI tools that do video conversions utilize the free FFMPEG
command-line utility in the background.  It would certainly be nice to have
a native LC library to do this without having to remember all the switches
and parameters.

˜Roger