Wasting space on the forum.

RevList RevList at CreaTECHSol.com
Thu Nov 10 13:42:50 EST 2011

How to use LiveCode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> on Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 10:32 AM -0800 wrote:
>I think the biggest reason people leave the stuff in and don't trim is
>because many people use Google mail, which not only arranges threads
>nicely, but obfuscates long chains of conversations completely - out of
>sight, out of mind.
>
>I personally have a pet peeve against the whole chain showing up in every
>email, and when replying, I usually only include a small portion of what
>started the thread or the last point raised. I do a lot of trimming. It
>only takes a second.
>
>Hard drives will be getting more expensive.

I can't agree more.  I have been using a system (FirstClass) that has been using a threaded message system for many years (20) so never have I used the Inbox/outbox format.  I see all messages
related to a specific post all threaded together and it is easy  for me to go back and forth among responses on a particular topic.

Stewart Lynch
CreaTECH Solutions
slynch at CreaTECHSol.com
604.484.8499
Skype:StewartLynch

There are only 10 kinds of people.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.