Mobile apps: Where to store web service login details

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Thu Nov 10 06:47:24 EST 2011

Thanks Gerry. The Android notes aren't so specific about whether the cache folder persists (and no library folder is currently supported) so I was taking 'documents' as the only generic option.

So, it seems that for iOS, the library is the safe, secure, encrypted and backed-up option, whereas for Android it may be cache or else documents - until/unless special folder support is extended. (Did I get that right?)

Thanks also for the link to the article on encryption - though that will take a few read-troughs before I start to understand! :-)