eBooks and LiveCode

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Tue May 31 23:02:26 EDT 2011

eBooks these days basically mean one of the following file formats:

* PDF
* mobi
* nook
* ePub
* amz

These formats can be generated from any tool that can process text data and
binary files. ePub for example is nothing but some xml and html inside a zip
file. LiveCode can't generate those in the sense of creating a stack with
cards as chapters or pages and generating a standalone but it can be used to
create tools that automate the generation of the popular ebook files. So
instead of creating ebooks with LiveCode, you create a tool to create eBooks
with LiveCode