custom stack resize contro

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon May 30 14:47:58 EDT 2011

In my experience, the only way to get smooth (ish) resizing of a stack is to
use the built-in resizer and set the liveResizing of the stack to true.
Scaling by script is never as fast, and as you've seen, you will often see
controls update along with the blank (white) background of stack as you
drag-resize.  Unfortunately, using the default resizer this means you are
stuck with the standard window decorations.

A compromise/workaround can be to limit your app's resizing to specific set
sizes.  By having a button or similar that expands/collapses the stack
between fixed sizes, you can remove the window decorations and avoid the
slow resize problem, at the cost of no manual resize.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design