download and save a file

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri May 27 11:09:34 EDT 2011

On 05/27/2011 06:02 PM, stephen barncard wrote:
> Richmond,
> Have you actually made a request to the Cyberduck people for a Linux version
> ?

No, I haven't, because there are several perfectly good Linux FTP
clients around.

I was actually "picking holes" in your 'cross platform' claim, rather
than anything about
CyberDuck qua CyberDuck.

'Cross-platform', with the flourishing of perfectly good OSes other than
Windows and Mac
(whether one considers Windows a 'perfectly good' OS is another bone we
can chew on for ages),
has become rather ambiguous . . .

. . . c.f. claims made by RunRev . . .

Perhaps 'cross-platform' is a term best avoided.