Job/Contract Opp

Todd Geist todd at geistinteractive.com
Thu May 26 18:39:17 EDT 2011

Hello,

I am looking for an experienced Lived Coder or two (or 3)  to help me with a
large MySQL backed Live Code application. The project will be ramping up
immediately and will extend for at least two months, and maybe as many as 6
months. Although I would like to find people who could work at least half
time on this, It will be possible to break some of it down into small widget
sized projects.  These could be handed out to folks may only have a week or
two free.

The project is a custom business application for a multi-media production
company.  There will be lots of opportunities to explore the gamefication of
business apps, which essentially amounts to making business software fun and
engaging. I am also hopeful that some of what we build can be contributed
back to the Live Code community in the form of tools to rapidly wire up Live
Code to back end databases and Web Services.

The project will use the GLX framework for architecting and  packaging
native apps.  Even though we can use a direct ODBC connection to MySQL, the
current plan is to use a PHP middle tier to consolidate domain logic as
there will be several different applications hitting the database.
Essentially the database will be exposed through web services.

If this sounds like a fun project to you and you would like to get involved,
please contact me.  Please send me something that shows off your Live Code
work, and be sure to detail your availability and what your compensation
requirements are.

Thanks so much!

Todd!

Todd Geist