Stacks and Device Rotation

Dan Friedman dan at clearvisiontech.com
Wed May 25 12:16:56 EDT 2011

Let's say you have an iPad app with two stacks.  You have resizeStack messages in them to resize/locate objects when the user rotates the device.  So with the device in portrait mode, your app launches and stack 1 is open.  The user clicks a button and stack 2 is opened.  Then they rotate the device to landscape.  Everything on stack 2 repositions correctly and everyone is happy.  Now, they click a button and stack 2 is closed to reveal stack 1 again.  Stack 1 is still formatted for portrait!  It does switch over, but we "see" that happen.

Attempts to resize stack 1 when the device is rotated causes other drawing abnormalities which are immediately corrected, but we "see" it get corrected.

Any advice or thoughts?

-Dan