OT: How does Windows handle spaces in program names?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Mon May 23 17:27:38 EDT 2011

Again thanks to all who replied. I'm trying to do the things that Mike and Ken have suggested, but meanwhile for Björnke, I am not sure what escape involves in Windows - I assume there is an escape character or character pair... and as to quoting in file names, where Mike had

"firefox.exe"

(including the quotes)

I tried "My spacious program.exe" since I couldn't see how to introduce a further level of quotes.

As I said, I don't know much about Windows.

Am trying other suggestions and will report back.

Graham